Career Opportunity – Building Surveyor-Limited/Unlimited
Due to the expansion and growth of the business, an exciting opportunity awaits for an experienced Building Surveyor – Limited or Unlimited to join our fast paced technical team within our progressive, busy and dynamic office.
You will be working with a proud and reliable team, who are each passionate and dedicated to providing expert services to our growing clientele.
This opportunity for a permanent full-time basis based in our modern Geelong office with some working from home flexibility.
Role responsibilities include
- Providing a key support primarily across our commercial team
- Assessing building permit applications for compliance
- Carrying out building compliance and Essential Safety Measures inspections
- Preparing building surveying reports
- Preparing and issuing of building permits as a registered building practitioner
- Carrying out mandatory inspections as required
- Preparing and issuing of Occupancy Permit and Certificate of Final Inspection documents
- Liaising with a diverse range of clients providing expert advice in a timely manner
What you will bring to the team
- Be a team player
- A positive can-do attitude
- A customer service focused approach
- Have the ability to manage your own workloads to meet tight timeframes and client expectations
- Have plan checking experience across both domestic and commercial projects
- Building compliance audit and report writing experience
- Self-motivated, self-directed and resourceful with an ability to problem solve
- A good level of verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient level of Microsoft Office Suite skills
In return we offer
- Immediate start
- Opportunity for some working from home flexibility
- A fantastic team culture and working environment
- A supportive environment with a strong emphasis on wellbeing
- A salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- A modern open plan office based in Geelong on the doorstep to the Surf Coast
- The opportunity to grow within our team for the right person
- Casual Fridays and weekly Friday night drinks!
Interested in applying for this role?
If you are looking for a challenging new role and believe you meet the above criteria we would love to hear from you!
Please forward your cover letter and resume to Dean Bertuch, Managing Director of BSA Building Surveyors via firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Dean on 03 5241 2559.
On 2nd December 2019, BSA Building Surveyors acquired Geelong based business Essential Property Solutions, to create a new division –
BSA Essential Safety Measures
BSA planned to announce and launch the new division, BSA Essential Safety Measures earlier this year……. then COVID-19 hit and we all know what happened next!
So instead of a Launch, we are excited to celebrate the 1st Anniversary of the expansion of BSA.
Founder and Managing Director of Essential Property Solutions, Louise Doedée joined the team as Essential Safety Measures Coordinator, enabling BSA to enhance and strengthen services to new and existing clientele.
BSA’s Managing Director, Dean Bertuch explained “Essential Property Solutions was a boutique consulting firm working primarily in Essential Safety Measures (ESM) consulting and services. There was a natural synergy between our businesses, with similar services and importantly similar culture and values”.
“In addition to that, Essential Property Solutions was finalist in the Geelong Business Excellence Awards in 2017 and 2018 in multiple categories, evidence of their strong processes & systems and customer focus. The acquisition adds strength and increased capability to our services in Essential Safety Measures”.
Dean added “Our new division, BSA Essential Safety Measures, enables us to consolidate our specialised ESM Team and grow this area of our business, helping building owners across Victoria with their ESM obligations”.
ESM Coordinator, Louise commented, “I’m really proud of what Essential Property Solutions achieved over 6 years and to have that recognised and acknowledged by BSA, with the acquisition is terrific”.
“I’m really excited to have joined BSA. They are such a dedicated hard-working team of professionals, collaborative and client focused. I’m looking forward to helping more clients with their essential safety measures requirements, so our community is safer”.
If you are responsible for Essential Safety Measures, as part of your job or as a property owner, get in touch with BSA Building Surveyors to find out more about what you need to do and how they can help you keep your building safe, avoid fines & penalties and protect your building and occupants.
What are Essential Safety Measures?
Essential Safety Measures are the safety elements and equipment in a building, that help keep people safe in a fire emergency.
Under the Building Regulations, building owners are required to maintain the Essential Safety Measures in their building which is done through regular inspections and testing. Owners are required to have an Annual Essential Safety Measures Report prepared every year. Hefty fines and penalties apply for non-compliance.